Door Repair Queens Goal
Nothing is more important to you than the safety of the people and assets in your facilities. At Door Repair Queens, our goal is to provide peace of mind to business owners and building managers/owners looking for security solutions – the kind of peace of mind that comes from exceptional service, prompt follow up on details and forthright responses to your questions. Door Repair Queens provide locking equipment from leading manufacturers rather than proprietary systems because we believe the independence to choose the right lock system and the right service partner leads to a better, simpler service experience.
Our access control systems give you control of who has access to your facility and when they have access.
We, at Door repair Queens understand that not everything lasts forever, including locks and security systems. Unfortunately, when office or home security elements become inoperable, your home or office is rendered vulnerable to burglars. Our repair services include: Door lock repair, Door lock realignment, Window lock repair, Electronic lock repair, Store front Door Locks, Glass Door Locks, Storefront Commercial Door Locks, Parts, Keyed hardware, Deadbolt, Deadlatch, Deadlock
Door repair Queens serving homeowners, contractors, and everyone over 10 years. We specialize not only in providing you with a vast selection of installation, repairing services and parts, but in having the expertise to help you find exactly what you need.
Which lock manufacturer is best?
In fact, there are many great locks on the market. Below is a list of the companies that manufacture various types of locks and other security devices. You can easily open their web site by clicking on the company name which will help you decide, which company and type of lock best suits your needs. We at Locksmith Astoria in Queens carry numerous types of locks on our trucks, so be sure to ask our professional locksmiths for assistance in selecting the right lock for you before they begin the job. We usually recommend two sets of keys, with the door lock having one key, and the deadbolt having another.
- Yale – Known for being a company that provides a variety of high quality locks
- Weiser Locks – Offer fashionable locks, handles, and knobs for interior and exterior doors.
- Kwikset – Manufactures home door locks and door hardware. Deadbolts, door knobs, keyless entry locks, and door levers are their specialties.
- Master Lock – Master Lock is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in padlocks and security products.
- American Lock – Manufactures locks industrial security as well as many styles of padlocks.
What factors should I consider when choosing door hinges?
As well as door weight, height and thickness, there are many other factors that need to be taken into consideration.
- The material of your hinges: Does finish match the rest of the furniture on your door?
- Fire resisting requirement: Some washered hinges (with washers between the knuckle joints) are made using nylon washers. Nylon’s melting point is low, so these would not be suitable for fire doors. Also, some hinge materials such as aluminum have low melting points. If hinges are being used on fire doors, you must check if they have a fire certificate.
- Corrosion resisting: Zinc plating or electro brass plating are for internal use only and unsuitable for moisture. Hot Spelter Galvanised or Sheradized finishes are the only finishes recommended for exterior use. Alternatively solid brass or stainless steel hinges may be appropriate for moisture areas.
- Angle of opening: Will you need projection or parliament hinges for your door to open 180 degrees?
- Handing: Some hinges are handed in one direction. You need to know whether you need left or right handed hinges.
- Are door closers fitted to the door? If so, you need to increase the weight of your door by 20% when selecting hinges. If the door has a back check action you need to double the doors weight. This ensures the hinges are strong enough to overcome the extra pressure exerted on them by the resistance of the closer.
- Finally, you need to consider quality and price. And Door Repair Queens has the guaranteed lowest prices and best quality!
Although there are many types of locks, the four most common are padlocks, deadbolts, knob locks, and levers.
- Cam Locks
- Knob Locks
- Rim Latch Locks
- Rim/Mortise Locks
- Lever Handle Locks
- Wall Mounted Locks
- Euro Profile Cylinders
- Jimmy Proof Deadbolts
- Vending/T-Handle Locks
- Key In Knob (KIK) Cylinders
- Interchangeable Core (IC) Cylinders